To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Free Vintage Clip Art - Barnhart Bros and Spindler Holly Bonanza


From my 1925A typeface catalog Barnhart Brothers and Spindler Typefaces (an absolutely criminal steal at $2.00 from a junk store!), here is a holly bonanza in green and red. I've scanned the full page at 600dpi - it's full of holly elements to use with a digital-editing program. I've also included two of my favorite pieces, a holly wreath and a holly border, at 300dpi.

 
The 1925A catalog edition was printed between 1925-30 (1930 is latest date on some typeface examples). The "A" designates the edition with an abbreviated typesetting equipment section. It was published without a copyright notice which places it in the public domain. The company, established in 1868, closed in 1933. 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the holly wreath image! Thanks so much for sharing it...I am thinking of ways to use it this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered your blog today and I'm so excited! You have such beautiful clip art. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...