To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Free Vintage Photo Postcard - French Soldier and Script


I came across a packet of photos and postcards of French soldiers, nuns, and nurses of the very early 20th century at a garage sale and thought this handsome young man in his dress uniform would be fun for Armed Forces Day. Perhaps one of you could translate what's left of the message on the reverse side.

7 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm afraid I'm not too much help. This guy's penmanship is worse than mine:) I do understand that he wrote to someone in a hospital and since the address specifies "salle" or room, I'd say it was a patient, not an employee. It was mailed from Rennes, France, on the 9th of June, and I think the year is 1915 (French wrote their 5s very funny....) In that first line, he's saying something about 'not set out again' so I'm assuming he's talking about being deployed or moved. "I think ... this week I am ..??" Very handsome fellow -- of that I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trishia, You're a dollface, thank you for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that Trishia got as much as she did from that postcard back! And thank you, Kathy, for the handsome soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the awesome postcard

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful image! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this fabulous postcard!
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...