To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Free Vintage Photo - See a Man About a Horse

The first image, from my family photos, shows a darling little cowboy riding his miniature pony, Tony. According to the inscription on the back, our little cowboy was 3 years old when this picture was taken in 1938. His full name is on the back, but I am not familiar with it. Dear little cowboy, if you are still with us, I hope you don't mind that I'm sharing your childhood!




The second image is a crooked one-cent picture postcard with an unremarkable divided back, not very fancy at all. The bearded man, in very stern, dark clothing, seems to be presenting a prize horse wearing a big, bow-tied ribbon.



5 comments:

  1. G'morn ~ I have a real penchant for old (family) photos ... yours are wonderful!

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful images! I don't know what it is but I adore the old images with horses and such. I've got one of a little girl in chaps and cowgirl hat sitting on top of a buffalo, I need to share that one on my blog. I also have one of a gal at the foothills of the Black Hills standing next to a leaping horse. It's neat, not one foot of that horse was on the ground, and she's turned to the camera just smiling away! Thanks for sharing, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marydon - thank you for visiting both of my blogs!

    Thespa - I'd love to see those pictures, and the vicarious joy in a perfectly happy childhood moment captured forever on film seems universal to all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful old photos that I just love. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...