To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Faded vs. Saturated - Time is Blue

I finished a new digital collage over the weekend, and made four versions with varying levels of saturation via the magic of Photoshop Elements.


Faded


Normal


Saturated

There is a fourth version even more saturated than the one above, but I didn't want to make your eyes bleed! The clock face is from The Graphics Fairy, the wallpaper background is from Tattered Vintage, and the texture background is from Shadowhouse Creations.  For more on how this collage evolved, visit Catnip Studio Chronicles.

9 comments:

  1. Oh!!!-)***

    I love it very mach...your collages are gorgious,really nice & cute!!!

    Wthis love &hugs,

    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of them! But I think the first image as it lends itself to that nostalgic feel that I think you are going for. Wonderful work Will you make these into cards, prints?
    XxX Anji

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto, love them all and I really like the saturated but it may be too much for folks. Tyhe faded has the most uses. Sea witch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violetta - Thank you!

    Anji - The first image is my favorite, too. I will start with decoupage wall hangings, one for my mom and one for myself. I don't know, yet, if I will offer it for sale, though the time on the clock is customizable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sea Witch - thank you! I find saturated art a bit mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All are gorgeous, yet the faded is most enchanting! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI!
    THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO YOUR BLOG. THIS IS AN AMAZING, AWESOME, AND GORGEOUS COLLAGE. I TRULY FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. I LIKE THE SATURATED COLOR BUT THEN I LOVE COLOR AND I FIND IT SOFT EVEN THOUGH IT IS SATURATED.
    I AM A LITTLE CONFUSED AS TO WHICH CLIP ART IS FOR US TO USE FOR PERSONAL USE...I'LL READ A LITTLE FURTHER.
    I SO LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU BETTER.
    I HAVE TWO BLOGS BUT SIMPLY DEBBIE IS MY JOURNEY WITH MY BELOVED DAUGHTER, AMY WATCHING OVER ME FROM HEAVEN. SHE WAS AN ARTIST AND MADE JEWELRY...I LOVE COLLAGE BUT WOULD LOVE TO LEARN HOW IT IS THAT YOU DO IT.
    BLESSINGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE
    I MEANT TO SAY I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO STOP BY MY BLOG AND VISIT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazingly beautiful! You are so talented and creative. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...