To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Free Vintage Clip Art - The Christy Girl

With this post, I introduce a recently acquired treasure, The Christy Girl, copyright 1906, found at a local vintage shop. Though the pages are separating from the binding, the pages and 16 color plates are in very good condition. The ornamental drawings and frames all feature cupids and hearts, just in time for Valentine's Day. Here is the frontispiece and a Christy girl dressed for a masked ball. Follow my Flickr link for high resolution downloads in a variety of sizes.


Clip Art Christy-1

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment!

    I'm glad to have found another vintage art site, I just adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so is your new blogbutton. I replaced it on my freebie blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving these baby photos! I have one of my Granny as a baby! So special and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this image, it is very appealing and found good use for my t-shirt 'art'. Petra.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the Mother Goose and Christy girl images which I'm looking forward to using for some homemade tags/cards. I had a lot of fun with the lovely roses paper which I managed to get a litle while ago from you. Many thanks Susie (u.k. follower ) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christy girl is a lovely group of images. Thank you so very much. I love the "contents" pages, etc. in old books and these are exceptional...again, great for use in my personal journals and backgrounds for photos of grandchildren...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...