To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Free Digital Collage - Work in Progress Finished!

Well, as is often the case, my work in progress, below, morphed into something else, above. I took The Graphics Fairy's ironwork grille image and flipped it to make a circle, added a beautiful cursive writing love letter from Just Something I Made, and changed the ladybug (poof!) into a butterfly. I'll be making different colorways of this collage in the future, but this one is yours to download for personal use only. Click my Flickr link for high resolution downloads in several sizes.


12-7-09 "Digital Collage - Work in Progress"
I've been playing in the Photoshop sandbox again, and experimented with the artistic filter "underpainting", which turned these lovely roses from The Graphic Addict into smudgy beauties (I did the same with the antique ladybug). I layered the roses over a beautiful ironwork image from The Graphics Fairy. This collage is a work in progress, so you may see it again!

9 comments:

  1. Well, this is going to be divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire those of you who are so creative using the computer to create beautiful images. I look forward to seeing more.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! I'm not very good with digital stuff, but am very impressed!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, see this is why I need Photoshop! My program does not have an "underpainting" option so, no delicious smudginess for me. This is lovely Kathy, you did a beautiful job!! Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so pretty with the ironwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all of your comments! Photoshop is a wonder, and I'm almost completely self-taught - I just click and see what happens, and use the "undo" command a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see the usefulness of photoshop. Combining these two graphics is such a brilliant idea. It will be interesting to see the endresult. Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty!
    You do such interesting, creative work, thank you for sharing some of your collages with us.
    Very happy I found you and your amazing blog, you inspire me ;)
    xx
    Celia

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...