To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Digital Collage - Floral Etchings



Much like coloring with crayons, I've digitally etched lines over this antique botanical to reveal the colored layer below it. A vintage wallpaper image from The Graphics Fairy is ghosted over the iris, and the antique butterfly image received a digital colored pencil texture treatment.

Etched Iris Sepia
Etched Iris Blue

The antique tulip botanical and grasshopper received the same digital enhancements, and the background is an antique Morris pattern.

Etched Tulips Aqua


7 comments:

  1. these would make such pretty framed pictures - love what you did to the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, jen! I hope to eventually make prints, cards, and canvases from my collages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These etchings are just amazing. I love everything about them but especially the colour combinations. Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petra, thank you! I, too, love color and striking color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,
    These are really pretty! Such an interesting technique too, I haven't seen that one before, but I like it! Thanks so much for linking up today for "Brag Monday"!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...