To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Free Vintage Clip Art - Pen and Ink 101


My parents had a house fire many years back, while I was away in the U.S. Navy, and among many losses was the garage-stored artwork of my school years. A very few of these items have been discovered since, in a stray box or folder that wasn't located at the site of the fire. This naive pen and ink line drawing of some unknown flower/herb, by yours truly circa 1974, might be of some use as clip art for mixed media. It is unedited. This is #3 of 3 in this series. Be sure to left click to get the full size.

Using blue, brown, and green antique end papers from The Graphics Fairy, I got my Photoshop on and ghosted my pen and ink drawings over them. I printed them up and made some country cottage tags, shown at top of post and below. Click my Flickr link for high resolution downloads of the pen and ink tags below for your personal use.


The frilly, blue background is my favorite, and it made for a nice ocean theme background in these fun digital collage tags:



I hope you enjoyed today's post, and I'd love to hear what you think, and what you'd like to see more of.

15 comments:

  1. It's great that you have some of it still. When my Mom was a kid their house burned down and the only thing she had to pass on to me was a tea set that had been in a metal box. She lost everything else from her childhood.

    Also I have given you a blog award, because this blog is so wonderful and you are definitely over the top for sharing all the lovely things you do with us!

    Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tags and nice ending to sad story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I'm certain you cherish that tea set all the more, and thank you for the blog award!

    Peggy, thank you and I hope you like the downloads, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, I didn't realize that the beautiful floral/herb images were ones that you did back in the day. Wow! I have the little tags set of them that I won from you recently. I am fixing a small Prim tree with the tags on them. I want to put some ornaments in browns and taupes to match. I will send a pic when I'm done! They brighten my day every time I see them!
    Thanks! :)
    julie/OakleafHollow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie,

    I would love to see that pic! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your tags :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your support and comment.Love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetie, you are back and in a big way. I love when we rediscover these found treasures of who we are. What a wonderful find. They have such a sweet, "traveler journal" look to them and you have translated them into lovely tags. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is always a wonder and joy to visit for a time of reading and seeing beautiful items you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They were meant to be found at a later time of your life ~ They are beautiful treasures from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so wonderful! Love each one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, all of you, for your uplifting comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cathy,
    These are beautiful!!! I'm so glad your lovely pen and ink drawings stayed safe so that you could use them again. They look so pretty with that delicate background. Thanks so much for playing along for "Brag Monday"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, fantastic work! I'm completely in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your service to our country!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...