To save an image to your PC, click on the image to open in a new window, then right click on image and save.
Be sure to read the
Terms of Use and Copyright pages in the top right column of this blog.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Free Vintage Photo - Digital is the New Pink

My Great Grandmother, Katherine
My Great Grandmother, circa 1912 (clicking on the photo will take you to my Flickr for downloading in several sizes)

The Victorian and Edwardian eras embody all that is dear today in cottage style, and the current renaissance of those eras in our pixel and physical arts and crafts reflect the elegant fuss, diminutive and layered details, rich colors (whether sepia, jewel or pastel), and romantic overtones of a past age reimagined.

Color and Radiance
Photoshopped using a tutorial provided by Itkupilli (clicking on the photo will take you to my Flickr for downloading in several sizes)

This is my first digital collage, combining elements from "T" altered art, Shabby Chic Papir Skatter, and Karen's Whimsy. The digital imagery I selected has great personal meaning for me when combined with that of my beloved great grandmother. She was a school teacher, and a great inspiration in my early childhood when I was fortunate enough to have known her for a few all-too-brief years.

Believe
Copyright 2009 Catnip Studio. All rights reserved.

7 comments:

  1. What you did is glorious!!!!!
    What a beautiful and special picture to share.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you used to enhance your great grandmama. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lovely job in honoring your grandmother. It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your work is beautiful!! Thank you for sharing.. I love your birds, I posted them on my blog, thank you!

    Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say how much I love this collage you have done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...